image: header

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hope always Opens another Door

Day Two:

Why so downcast, o my soul? Put your trust in God.

I love that David talked to himself. Encouraged himself, reminded himself that God is bigger and there is always a better day ahead.

Some days, I just have to tell myself that Jesus never fails. That He sees, He hears, He knows. His heart is so big and directed toward me, that if I wait it out, I'll see the Goodness of God in the land of the living.

And some days, that Goodness overflows. Maybe not in a big, fat check. But in small, constant ways like: A letter from a reader, thanking me for brightening her day with one of my books. Some days, we get little surprises like the dog actually "stays" when I tell her to :) Or Mike makes curfew. Ha! A phone call from a someone who just wants to love me, have coffee or lunch. Someone who remembers I'm still here. Days when I feel alone and tired and in need of kindness.

We've had a tough couple of years. I'm not going to lie. And with the very real truth that the military funding will be cut even more, it's unlikely Rusty will find another military position. So we have to turn our eyes elsewhere. What's the next step, Lord?

Hope always opens another door. It takes wisdom and courage to walk into change, but we're listening. Willing to do whatever God says as He directs us forward to tomorrow. Grateful for family and friends who love us and want God's best for us.

God's ways make me scratch my head, but this I know, I TRUST Him. I Believe He is working out my life, and later (however long it takes) when I look back, I'll see His hand as He has faithfully met eveyr need against overwhelming odds.

He's just that cool...

No comments:

 
Join Tracey's mailing list
Email:
HOME | ABOUT TRACEY | BOOKS | BLOG | CONTACT | LINKS | TRACEY CROSS

Site by Eagle Designs